Adoption is expensive. Telling your story shouldn't be.
Frequently Asked Questions
If your question is not answered below, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
How much does it cost for Our Little Cub to build my profile?
Please visit the Services page to see a list of services Our Little Cub offers with corresponding prices.
What is the quality of your prints?
Saddle-stitched booklets are printed on 100# cover stock (outer) and 100# text stock (inner). Paper is matte with a satin finish. Gloss paper is available on request, but may have an up charge..
Mini profiles are printed on 14pt matte paper. 14pt paper is approximately the thickness/feel of a business card.
How are your prices so much lower than other adoption profile companies?
There are three reasons our prices are lower than other adoption profile companies. First, Our Little Cub is a passion project, not a primary means of income. Our Little Cub was founded by a school teacher who has a heart for adoption and supporting families who want to adopt. Other companies rely on profile sales to pay the bills...which means charging higher prices.
Second, Our Little Cub works with multiple printing companies to ensure the lowest price, yet highest quality, possible for printing and binding on a budget. When possible, we work with local printing companies to support businesses in our community.
Third, we intentionally choose to keep our prices low. Unfortunately, as with the wedding industry, price gouging has become the norm in the realm of adoption. People charge more, simply because they can. We set our prices low enough that we can make a profit and donate to a local adoption ministry called Chosen Blessings, without burdening customers with astronomical prices. As the old saying goes, we try to "do well while doing good."
What happens after I place an order?
Please visit the Process page to learn more.
What is your average turnaround time?
Pending any unforeseen situations, my goal is to send you a proof within one week of your completion of the questionnaire, photo uploads, and photo captioning form.
How do you get my information for the profile?
Please visit the Process page to learn more.
What tips do you have for completing the questionnaire?
As you answer the questions, remember that you have three goals:
1) Introduce yourself to expecting birth parents 2) Tell your story 3) Share your hopes and dreams for the child.
While I will copy edit your responses, I do my best to preserve as much of your voice as possible. Feel free to share stories and provide details that let your personality shine through. If you struggle with some questions, I suggest asking family or friends to help you answer them. It can be really helpful to have an outsider’s point of view. Finally, I want to encourage you to tell YOUR story...not the story that you think an expecting birth parent wants to hear. In other words, just be your wonderful self.
Do I have to complete the questionnaire all at one time?
No. Feel free to take your time, edit, and revise. The great thing about Google Docs is that it will automatically save for you...so you don't have to worry about losing your work.
When you are finished with the questionnaire, photo captioning form, and uploading photos to the drive, please email email@example.com to let us know you are ready for us to begin crafting your profile.
What kind/how many pictures should I upload to the Drive?
The pictures that you include should represent your relationship (if married/dating), your hobbies, friends, family, home, community, etc. Here are a few considerations for your photos:
1. The higher the quality of the image, the better. For example, I cannot take a tiny picture and blow it up to be a large photo because it will look blurry and pixelated.
2. While you do not necessarily need professional portraits/photos, they can help give a more polished look to your profile...especially for a cover image. If you do not have it in your budget to take professional photos, you can ask if an artsy friend will take some for you. Additionally, using portrait mode on a smartphone can yield some great results outdoors and in good lighting.
3. When you are taking photos of your home, include a few angles of the outside, nursery/playroom (if you already have them), yard, etc. Also, take a few photos that highlight what makes your neighborhood/town/city a great place for your little cub.
4. Include a mix of portrait and landscape oriented photos.
5. It is far better to upload too many photos than not enough. I’m not saying that I need every picture you’ve ever taken...but having an ample amount will be helpful when crafting the profile. On average, people upload 25-40 photos. Again, too many is better than not enough.
6. If you could rename the uploaded photos in sequential order and write brief descriptions for each on the Photo Captioning Form in the Google Drive (ex. Photo 15, us and our best friends, Trey and Sue, in Alaska last year), that will be very helpful in streamlining the creation of your adoption profile.
7. Remember, not only are you sharing a look into your life, but you are also providing the expecting birth parent(s) a glimpse into their child’s life with you. Birth parents want to see that their child will be loved, supported, and given opportunities they may not have been able to offer. Your photos can help demonstrate all of these things.
Can I order additional prints?
Absolutely. Please simply fill out the contact form or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We have adopted and no longer need our website, can we have a pro-rated refund for the rest of the year?
No. Website costs such as hosting, domain registry, etc. are annual costs. You can, however, let us know that you will not be renewing for the next year.
Are Print-at-Will PDF files RGB or CMYK?
It is your choice. At your request, I can provide both.
Can my adoption agency have access to the Google Drive?
This is not a problem. Please simply email email@example.com and we will be more than happy to add your agency representative to the drive.
Do you ship internationally?
At this time, we do not ship internationally.
My adoption agency has specific content/phrasing that they require in profiles. Can Our Little Cub integrate that?
Absolutely. We do our best to comply with various agencies requests. Just please communicate what is needed and we will gladly help how we can.
Our Little Cub exists to provide high quality, yet affordable, custom profile options that capture your adoption story and help bring your little cub home.